For years I have felt a push to write my story. But I didn't. More than that, I refused. No one would want to hear about my life. I am nothing interesting.
Then one day while reading an autobiography, I realized that I loved learning about the lives of others. On a daily basis, I seek out blogs where people share their experiences. I would gladly sit for hours and hear someone speak about their life, even if they didn't find themselves particularly interesting.
Someday I would love to write a book that was made up of the stories of others. I know it has been done but new people walk through life everyday with new stories all their own.
Not only are the stories of others good for teaching or entertainment but they show us that we are not alone in our trials. No path in life has gone unwalked but every path walked is unique to the traveler.
Though I find my story to be less than interesting, maybe someone will find a word of encouragement or maybe my story will show someone that they are not alone.
Fear has stopped me from telling my story. Fear keeps me quiet. Fear convinces me that I have nothing to say and that no one will listen. Fear tells us that we are alone, that we are nothing. Fear is not welcomed and fear shall not win.
No comments:
Post a Comment